Step One: Assessment
- Develop your career profile: With use of various assessment exercises and counseling, you can discover your true passions and interests, values and personality style.
- Understand interests and personality with the Strong Cambell Interest Inventory and the Myers Briggs Type Indicator®.
- Identify three important sets of skills: content specific, self-adaptive, and, most importantly, transferable skills that can help you transition to other jobs and industries.
- Determine your most critical needs, effective work styles, and best suited work environments
- Understand your personality style and how it relates to work and career choice
- Clarify your life/career goals and develop an individualized career plan
Step Two: Counseling/Coaching
Take control of your future:
- Develop realistic short- and long-term goals.
- Identify and overcome barriers to career success
- Evaluate your full career potential through assessment and counseling.
- Take steps to reach your goals through career coaching .
- Gain support for job stress, loss, and anxiety, and career/life transitions.
Step Three: Job Search
Receive guidance on the most effective techniques to land a great job, get admitted to graduate school, or start a business. Learn about the latest trends, discover how to search beyond traditional job listings and tap into the hidden job market. Learn how to use the Internet most effectively in the process.
- Resume development: Develop a strong, concise, effective resume that will land you an interview. Learn how to highlight your marketable and transferable skills. Receive advice on resume format and development.
- Networking skills: Networking is clearly the most effective way to find out about opportunities but this process can be very difficult for the shy or introverted. Learn how to redefine this concept and make it work for all personality types.
- Interviewing: Has it been a while since you interviewed for a job? You might be concerned about how to present yourself or answer questions about gaps in employment or separations from jobs. Learn to speak confidently about your accomplishments and find solid language to explain transitions. Identify barriers to good interviewing. It takes an employer 30 seconds to form an opinion about a candidate… So learn how to make it a good one!
- Salary negotiation: This critical aspect of landing a good job is a learned skill. Learn effective negotiation techniques so that you can get the best compensation package possible.
Executive coaching is a powerful catalytic tool that empowers individuals to achieve career and personal success. These services are available to all clients regardless of any career transition. With support and guidance you can learn how to:
- Overcome the obstacles that inhibit achievement
- Recognize the tools necessary to be a great leader
- Creatively handle conflict, change, and transitions
- Work though internal barriers such as fear of failure, fear of success, self-doubt, insecurities, and bad habits
- Manage office politics to win
- Improve human relations skills to resolve personal on-the-job conflicts
- Develop and tap into natural leadership ability
- Accomplish your job deadlines to meet your boss’s expectations
- Develop personally so you feel better about yourself
- Enhance your communication skills to be better understood