A Deep Approach for Women in Career Transition
Have you ever thought about how your relationship with your mother has influenced your career? Have you ever felt or said any of these things?
- “I’m going to exceed her dreams”;
- “I’m never going to end up like my mom”;
- “I’m raising my own daughter in the same/opposite way”;
- “I have strong reactions (positive and negative) with female bosses.”
What exactly does your mom still have to do with it and why? When it comes to a woman’s relationship with her mother, every woman has an interesting story to tell. It also affects how she makes her choices, her dynamics at work and overall career path.
Do you think your mother is or was a good role model for career?
What do you wish she told you or showed you about the world of work?
In what ways, intentionally or not, are you similar to or different from your mother?
Like an onion, there are many complicated layers to be peeled, and, a lifetime of emotion to understand. My approach to career discovery is deep and unique. By looking through the mother daughter lens, every woman can develop a more acute understanding of the issues in her career, ultimately allowing for new, achievable paths towards a better future.
Intrigued? Want to learn more? Share your experiences with us. Submit responses for the following questions:
- Do you think your mother is or was a good role model for career?
- What do you wish she told you or showed you about the world of work?
- In what ways, intentionally or not, are you similar to or different from your mother?
- One piece of career advice to other women
- A haiku about your mother
For more information and to purchase the book, visit www.whatsmomthebook.com.